Bass Rosendahl posted an update 1 year ago
Hunting for a Translator, but you’re doubtful of the you will find? Are you aware selecting the appropriate vendor? Are common translators precisely the same? What about interpreters, are they not translators also? What things should you ask your potential translator to see if he/she is competent enough?
This is it is possible to begin:
Ask your potential company (PSP, to any extent further) to provide proof of competence within the following:
– Both languages: for technical texts (those with abundant terminology), the PSP must have his source language certified with a European C1 level (or equivalent) as minimum, with his fantastic target language certified to level C2 or perhaps an experienced native speaker of the language (see: Wikipedia link below)
– Translation competence: for technical texts, the PSP needs to have at least Five years of experience translating texts from the technical field as a freelancer, Several years if done under supervision of a more capable translator, and double if the PSP has rarely translated a text inside the technical field.
– Field competence: Ideally, the translator should hold a degree inside a field linked to the translation topic (i.e. in Fisheries there’s merely one or 2 translators who hold degrees in this subject or related field for some language pairs in the entire world. Some language pairs have none).
Alternatively, the PSP should:
– hold diplomas or crash courses from the topic, or
– spent some time working in the specialty for some years (not translation related jobs), or
– knowledge translating texts within the specialty under supervision by a specialist (more than 3-5 years), or over 5-10 years if occasionally/rarely translating texts within the specialty, or older Two decades if never has translated under supervision of your more knowledgeable translator.
– Education: Always decide on a translator with college. The feeling good universities deliver their students will be a vital in translation: creative and independent thought, intellectual challenges, initiative and leadership, critical thinking and questioning, innovation, and naturally, good universities would be the method to obtain technologically advanced knowledge.
– Cultural awareness: immersion in a culture/community/country linked to a language is essential in translation, as much for understanding nuances in the source as and in being able to transfer those nuances in to the target. This is particularly critical in texts where the reader desires to identify himself using the writing, such as many marketing techniques texts.
More details about
translate english to russian go to our website